The most versatile model in our collection
The TYRO wheels are developed for maximum versatility. Not only because these wheels are available in almost all possible variants, but especially because they can be used in all conditions and on every surface.
In this price range the TYRO wheelset offers you something you won't find elsewhere; a ratchet hub system and more importantly the same building quality we use for all wheels, including the most high end models!
Thanks to its low weight starting at only 1675 grams, the TYRO meets great performance in both the flat countries and the high mountains. Optimized for high speeds with a lateral stiffness for winning sprints and improving your personal records on every col.
Some unique USP's we definitely don't want you to miss:
- The TYRO features a "Ratchet" hub instead of the "Pawl" system that almost every other wheel brand uses in this price range. The Ratchet system provides faster engagement, is more durable and requires less maintenance. Build to last!
- The TYRO wheels meet exactly the same build-quality as its big (and more expensive) brothers, the RAW and the RYOT.
- The TYRO is manufactured entirely in-house by our expert wheel builders, and each wheel is carefully polished checked before being shipped.
Modern tubeless ready full carbon rims
The 45mm carbon rims of the TYRO are equipped with all modern requirements. The internal width of the rim is optimized for mounting tyres up to 44mm, making the TYRO suitable for both road and gravel bikes. That's why we talk about maximum versatility! By default, the TYRO rims are tubeless ready and the wheels are always supplied with tubeless tape mounted and tubeless valves in the box.
Rock solid FFWD hubs
High quality hubs with a minimum of rolling resistance, low maintenance frequency and optimal durability. The TYRO is equipped with our own brand FFWD hub, which provide you stable and reliable quality at the best possible conditions. The benefit of these hubs is found inside with its ratchet system, just like the more expensive hubs. A super fast engagement and less maintenance are your key benefits here. These FFWD hubs are 12mm thru-axle compatibility out of the box, but thanks to the conversion kits they can be converted to a 15mm or quick release mount in no time.
What's in the box
- TYRO wheelset (front and rear)
- Pre-installed tubeless tape
- Tubeless valves
- Disc rotors not included!
- Super Fast Delivery Shipped directly! If not on stock we will build and ship the next day. All to make you Go Fast as soon as possible!
- Three Year Warranty FFWD warrants its products for a period of two years after the date of purchase. An additional year of warranty (three year total) is rewarded to all FFWD riders who register their wheels.
- 100 Days Free Trial For all wheelsets bought directly from our webshop, we offer a 100 days free trial and return policy with full refund.
- Premium Service High quality and the fastest personal service to get you back on your bike as soon as possible!
- Crash Replacement We offer a unique service for those who crashed their wheels. Contact our service department for the possibilities!
- Worldwide Shipping All wheelset orders are free from shipping cost, no matter where in the world you live! (Shipment by UPS)